Adjunct Faculty for Worldwide Leadership Initiatives
Over the past ten years, ISI has been on Sun Learning Services Organization’s Adjunct Faculty for their worldwide leadership initiatives. ISI has provided consultation, coaching, curriculum development and training worldwide in support of their leadership development and performance management efforts:
- Management Excellence: Attracting Top Talent & Leading Top Talent (5-day course)
- New Sun Manager (5-day course)
- Performance Management 365 Days a Year: A Live Case Study (2-Day course).
- Managing Up for Managers: Creating Alignment for Execution and 5) Consulting Power Through Influence.
- The Management Excellence course integrated key concepts relative to recruiting, attracting, interviewing and hiring practices—all part of the performance management process. Effective Performance management starts with getting the right people in the right places or “the right people on the bus.”
The New Sun Manager and Performance Management courses both provided in-depth training in the areas of writing & delivering performance reviews, goal cascading, developing performance goals, creating development plans, dealing with underperformers, documentation practices, benefits and compensation, motivating Sun’s designated “top talent” and finally on-boarding new employees. (Please note: performance management practices and training were one component of the more comprehensive leadership curricula)
Additionally, ISI provided used a web-based accountability program for follow-through coaching (through the Forthill Accountability Program) to participants to reinforce skills/concepts taught in class
“Thanks to you for getting our team ready for their next challenges.”
Scott McNealy, (former) CEO
“Teri is one of the best consultants I have had the pleasure of working with at Sun Microsystems. She not only designed and facilitated a top-notch course called "Managing Upwards" for our corporate university but was also asked to be a master facilitator for one of our core management courses at Sun. I also asked her to come to Europe while I was stationed there to teach these courses for my client groups, knowing that she would not only do an excellent job but also that she would be able to adapt the courses to the various cultures.”
Claudia King, HR Business Partner