Big Blue Bus
Leadership, Supervisory, Team and Customer Excellence training to the entire base of employees at Big Blue Bus (BBB).
As an adjunct, ISI provided ongoing consulting on process improvements agency-wide, took part on interview panels for new hires, and provided one-on-one executive coaching with select individuals. ISI also devised a unique and almost infallible process for resolving conflict and problem solving. The process is called “Discussion Sessions.” It has assisted many teams in either working through issues and getting back on track or proactively keeping teams in alignment.
The supervisory training resulted in a significant increase in Transit Supervisory Ratings and Maintenance Supervisory Ratings shown in pre-post surveys. The assessment was taken by the Supervisors themselves and Internal Customers (Coach Operators and Mechanics). The post survey was conducted 9 months after completion of the last course to measure prolonged sustaining of the concepts and skills learned.
- Transit Supervisors Ratings (Regarding BBB & Managers)
- Showed improvement on 25/29 questions or 86.2%. The average rating increased from 3.6 pre- to 4.4 post-training or +22.2%.
- Maintenance Supervisors Ratings (Regarding BBB & Managers)
- Showed improvement on 16/29 questions or 55%. Eight questions showed “no change. The average rating increased from 3.5 pre- to 3.8 post-training or +8.6%.
- Internal Customer (Coach Operator) Ratings (Regarding BBB and Supervisors)
- Showed improvement on 22/25 questions or 88%. One question showed "no change." The average rating increased from 3.2 pre- to 3.6 post-training or + 12.5%.
- Internal Customer (Mechanic) Ratings (Regarding BBB and Supervisors)
- Showed improvement on 23/25 questions or 92%. One question showed "no change." The average rating increased from 3.14 pre- to 3.94 post-training or +25.4%.
“I really appreciate the advice Teri gave me prior to my recent recruitment ordeal, and of course, I appreciate all the training, coaching, lessons, insights, observations, reminders, feedback, encouragement, challenges, feedback, and help you and Erin have provided me (us) over the last several years that have enabled me to take on this challenge.”
Joe Stitcher, Deputy Director